What’s Your Goal?
October 25, 2018
As soon as you know exactly what you want, take “baby turtle steps” toward it.
Break your goal into tiny action items. Make each task so small and so easy that they start to seem more appealing than intimidating.
Keep it simple
For instance, you could simply:
• Follow your dream company on LinkedIn
• Read 1 article on emerging trends in your sector
• Make a list of people you could eventually meet for coffee
As you start to perform these tasks, you’ll create momentum, and feel the pride of achievement and motivated to persevere.
How do I know?
This Small Wins Strategy helped me:
• In university: I went from an undergrad on probation for low marks to an MBA on the Dean’s Honour List
• In business: I went from dreaming of starting my own business to celebrating 5 years (so far) as a profitable entrepreneur
It sounds simplistic, yet it works.
See more tips from How an Entrepreneurial Mindset Gives You an Edge. (Image credit: R. Allam)
Lisa Goller is a marketing and communications professional with over 15 years of experience serving B2B, tech and retail companies. She helps businesses tell their story through irresistible content marketing and strategic communications.
– 10 Lessons from 5 Years in Business
– Smashing the Glass Ceiling: 7 successful businesswomen share their tips
– 43 Entrepreneurs’ Tips for Success
– The Unstoppable Freelance Revolution