7 Ways to Build Brand Trust
November 12, 2013
How well trusted is your brand? Brand trust is a competitive advantage, as it increases revenue, brand loyalty and positive word of mouth. It can even strengthen your bonds with employees and customers.
At its core, trust is all about communication.
Here are 7 ways to strengthen brand trust:
- Deliver your brand promise: Meet consumers’ expectations every single time. Reliable, predictable results give consumers assurance and comfort.
- Be consistent: Consistent messaging, service and pricing reduce confusion and increase confidence in your brand.
- Listen and learn: Establish a dialogue with consumers and employees. Ask them questions to gain honest feedback.
- Share thoughtfully: Create and share meaningful content with your audiences, including informative tips that can make their lives easier.
- Create storytellers: Ask employees and customers to tell your brand story. Their positive testimonials are a powerful trust builder.
- Be transparent: It’s okay to make mistakes – it makes your brand seem human and easier to relate to. Admit a mistake, correct it and move on. Honesty, integrity and sincerity greatly increase brand trust.
- Forget the hard sell: The stereotypically smarmy used car salesman isn’t exactly an icon of trust. Be patient enough to build mutually-beneficial relationships.
Lisa Goller helps businesses tell their story. As a Toronto-based Strategic Freelance Writer & Editor, she helps executives and entrepreneurs stand out, look good and save time. Learn more at lisagoller.com