Before I write anything, I make sure I understand my clients’ business objectives. This practice helps me align my writing with solutions to the problems that keep CEOs awake at night.
It’s worth the effort to consistently consider the big picture before you communicate.
Strategy matters to your competitiveness because it helps you:
- Sort through the clutter
- Find the best route to a solution
- See patterns where others see complexity
- Predict future consequences of today’s decisions
- Make connections among seemingly disparate ideas and initiatives
- Objectively evaluate scenarios and obstacles before acting
- Accomplish your goal no matter what pops up
Lisa Goller helps businesses tell their story. As a Toronto-based Strategic Freelance Writer & Editor, she helps executives and entrepreneurs stand out, look good and save time. Learn more at lisagoller.com