The Internet is clogged with content. How will you make yours stand out among your rivals? Take a tip from top-performing companies: Be proactive and consistent (rather than reactive and random) with your external communications.
To stay on track, manage your workflow and create impactful copy, develop an editorial calendar. An editorial calendar helps you take the guesswork out of what communications you will share to promote your company over the next month or quarter.
Depending on your needs and ambition, your editorial calendar can be as simple or as detailed as you like.
Why an editorial calendar is worth the effort:
- Everyone wins when you align your messaging with your target’s needs and your business goals.
- Build your online brand presence by sharing consistent messaging across channels and over time.
- Add value to your customers by timing your content to important current events and creating “evergreen” content with timeless tips.
- Reduce stress by producing content in a way that is proactive, organized and strategy-driven.
- Gain a competitive advantage by spending less time on communications and more time on attracting and delighting your customers
For inspiration, check out this Sample Editorial Calendar.
Develop a editorial calendar for your external communications to free up your precious time, so you can focus on moving your business forward.
How often do you strategically plan your company’s content?
Lisa Goller helps businesses tell their story. As a Toronto-based Strategic Freelance Writer & Editor, she helps time-starved executives and entrepreneurs stand out, look good and save time through irresistible content marketing. Learn more at lisagoller.com